Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 2

Read: John 15

Ponder: From whom do I get my strength> Am I abiding in Christ? How can I bring forth much fruit Lord? Can He call me a friend?

As a Saint you say, "I think I understand my duty, and I am doing very well." That may be so. You see the little twig: it is green; it flourishes and it is the very picture of life. It bears its part and proportion in the tree, and is connected with the stem, branches, and root. But could the tree live without it? Yes it could. It need not boast itself and get uplifted and say, 'How green I am! and how I flourish! and what a healthy position I am in! How well I am doing! and I am in my proper place and doing right.' But could you do without the root! No: you bear your proper part and position in the tree. Just so with this people. When they are doing their part when they are magnifying their calling, living there religion, and walking in obedience to the Spirit of the Lord, they have a portion of his Spirit given them to profit withal. And while they are humble, faithful, diligent, and observe the laws and commandments of God, they stand in their proper position on the tree: they are flourishing, the buds blossoms, leaves, and everything about them are all right, and they form a part and parcel of the tree...." (John Taylor, in Journal of Discourses, 6:108)

As I have ponder this today the thoughts of I am I truly doing what is asked of me am I really giving my 100% to my callings. My calling in the church as and Activity Days leader is so rewarding and so fun. I love it and I love the girls they bring a special spirit with them. I always feel a warm comforted feeling when they leave and all my hard work has made off. Just to see that the girls enjoy coming. Is worth it all. I am probably not the best leader and have the best ideas, but I try. My calling as a visiting teacher has been a huge blessing for me. I get excited every month when its time to go and go wether it the best time or not and I always so grateful that I made the time to see those ladies. I am so grateful for my partner she is great and I have learned so much from her. The ladies I visit are awesome I am grateful for them and the love that they show me.

But not only my church callings, but the calling I have as a mother to my children and a wife to my husband. Sometimes I feel like I am truly giving my all and and couldn't possible do one more thing then I realize that maybe that ONE more thing I could do or ONE more thing I could say. To take the time and read that one more book before bed. And to hold and love my children more. Would make a huge difference and the I think YES! I can these things are more important that I sometimes realize. And these little things are what's going to hold my family together in these trying times. Again I am so grateful to have been reminded of these things and to be able to re prioritize my life with the things that truly matter and are most important.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Okay, you brought tears to my eyes. Isn't Christ, everything about Him, a miracle!