Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sorry I got A little Behind _ Day 5 Am I a light to the world?

Read: Matthew 5

Ponder: Am I setting a righteous example for others? How can I let my light shine? Do my actions glorify God?

Have you ever stopped to think that perhaps you are the light sent by Heavenly Father to lead another safely home or to be a beacon from a distance to show the way back to the straight and narrow path the leads to eternal life? Your light is a beacon and should never stop burning or lead those who are looking for a way home. Let the lower light keep burning-- you may save a struggling seaman in the turbulent sea of life.

It isn't just nice to be a light for others; it is essential for their exaltation as well as for our own. "Let you light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 5:16)

We are children of light. As children of light, we walk in the light and choose the right and stand for the right.

Choosing the right is a decision-making process. Choose to learn what is the right way to live you life, learning principles and keeping the commandments and covenants that guide and protect you as you exercise your agency in daily choices.

Choose to do what is right because your greatest desire it to love the Lord and to be obedient to his laws, ordinances and commandments so that you can return back into his presence eternally. Choose to do what is right because you love yourself and because you honor those who love you.

Help other to do what is right. CHoose to be of service and be an example of what is right by lifting and strengthening others to do what is right because you care.

Choose to turn around and repent immediately if you ever depart from the straight and narrow path that leads to eternal life. Repentance is a merciful result of our Savior's atoning sacrifice because of the love our Father in Heaven and his Son Jesus Christ have for each of us.

From: "That Ye May Be the Children of Light"
Robert D Hales

As I ponder the questions that have been asked to ponder I am kinda feeling a little guilty. I know that I can do better to set a righteous example for others. I am going to work on that and strive to do better. I do hope that I have been the light in someone's life. I know there have been several people in my life that have been the light. One impractical is a neighbor of mine that befriended me the first day I went to church. If it hadn't been for her and her extending her hand in friendship with me I am not sure that I would have kept going to church. I know she has no idea the what an impact that had on me. I love her dearly. and hope that one day she will see what a great example she is to me and by her example she gives me hope and strength that things do happen for a reason and to have patience and trust in the lord and things will work out. I am grateful for many people that have been the light in my life.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

You are a light to those around you! The activity day girls are just one example. Thank you for your light!