Monday, December 6, 2010

The "WALK" with Christ - DAY 1

Sunday in Relief Society each sister was given this little pack of papers with the note that says " As each of us participate in this "walk" may we build a sure foundation in christ so that we may be immovable in times of trial, strengthen each other and our families, and develop a strong sisterhood." The only way we think that we can really know another person is to walk in there shoes: think what they think. learn what they know, and what they would say. do what they would do.

I wasn't sure what this was all about so today when I open my first day and found this letter. Tears suddenly streamed down my cheeks. And I felt a like my prayers had been answered. I really can not explain how I felt. This is exactly what I needed at this point in my life. Regarding an earlier post of not know where I am at in life and how I was supposed to get my life in the right direction. So the next 14 days I want share with you each little message. And to write my feelings down for myself so I can look back and remember this. I am not very good at keeping a journal so this is close enough.

Day 1- Am I seeking Christ's Help?

Read:
Proverbs 3:5-6
Jacob 4:7
Ether 12:27

Ponder:
Am I seeking the Lord's help in all I think and do? How can He help me overcome my weaknesses?

Dear Friend,

I just had to send you a note to tell you how much I love you and care about you. I saw yesterday as you were walking with your friends. I waited all day hoping you would want to talk with me also. It hurt me, but I still love you because I am your friend.
I saw you fall asleep last night, and longed to touch your brow. So I spilled moon light on your pillow and your face. Again I waited, wanting to rush down so that we could talk. I have so many gifts for you, but you awakened late the next day and rushed off to school. My tears were in the rain.
Today you look sad, so alone. It makes my heart ache because I understand. My friends let me down and hurt me so many times too. But I love you. Oh, if you would only listen to me. I really love you. I try to tell you in the blue sky and green grass. I whisper in the leaves on the trees, and breathe it in the color of the flowers. I shout it to you in the mountain streams and give the birds love songs to sing, clothe you in warm sunshine and perfume the air with nature scents. My love for you is deeper than the oceans and bigger than the biggest want or need in your heart.
If only you knew how much I want to help you. I want you to meet my Father. He wants to help you too. My Father is that way, you know. Just call me, ask me, talk with me. Please, please don't forget me. I have so much to share with you. But I wont hassle you an further. You are free to call me. Its up to you. I'll wait because I love you.

Your Brother,
Christ


As I have pondered this it kinda put in to perspective for me that Christ really does love me and that he wants to help and be my friend. And that if I just ask he will help and comfort me. Prayer is kinda hard for me. Not really sure why, but maybe thats just what I need to do is pray a little more often and to ask for guidance because obviously I can not do this on my own. I do need help with the things I struggle with. Another thing that came to my mind is praying for others. If I don't pray for other that I know do not faithfully say prayers then how will they be blessed. I pray for my family often. But I am going to make it a point to pray for those people I know that need a little extra strength or comfort. I am so grateful for this one little piece of paper and the message it brought to me.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

That is beautiful Krystal. I'm excited to go on this "walk" too. We have loved having your family join us for FHE.